Sada-e-Watan Sydney ™
High Commissioner Babar Amin
H.E. Babar Amin was Chief Guest of the Pakistan Independence Day Celebrations in Sydney
On Wednesday night of the 14th August 2019, The Pakistan Association of Australia Celebrated 73rd Independence Day of Pakistan with great Zeal and enthusiasm at Himalaya Function centre, Granville Sydney. This event was attended by more than 250 people including the High Commissioner for Pakistan His Excellency Mr. Babar Amin, Consul General of Pakistan in Sydney Mr. Abdul Majid Yousafani, Sehrjeet Singh & team from Glenwood Gurdawara, Pastor Ejaz Gill and other prominent guests respectively.
H.E. Mr. Babar Amin
President PAA Abbas Rana, General Secretary Mr. Ashraf Chohan, Consul General Abdul Majid Yousfani and Chief Guest High Commissioner Babar Amin speaks at the Independence Day of Pakistan Celebrations.
CG Abdul Majid Yousfani
The function format was made around Solidarity with Kashmir and
all the respected speakers showed their support for Kashmiri People.
PAA would like to thank our community specially ladies and kids who performed in the event with all passion.
Pakistan Association of Australia would like to pay our gratitude to our Sponsors Elite Accountants, Roshan Fashions, PB Harrison, Smart Advisors, Dr. AmanUllah Khan, Mirage Travels who supported us to make this event happen.
Pakistan Association also raised $ 1500 funds for WAVE during the Independence Day function. PAA highly appreciated Sincerely Community Services of Mr. Faisal Shamsi and presented him Shield. The High Commissioner H.E. Babar Amin also gives certificates to the kids who performed in cultural show.
High Commissioner Babar Amin
Points of the High Commissione H.E. Mr. Babar Amin’s speech on the occasion of Independence Day – 2019 event organized by Pakistan Association of Australia Sydney (14 August 2019)
- Independence Day reminds us of the
historic struggle of the Muslims of South Asia to win an independent homeland
for themselves; a country where they could live according to their religions,
culture and social ethos.
- The struggle of the Muslims of South Asia for their independent identity passed numerous phases and culminated into the demand for an independent homeland in form of the Pakistan Resolution adopted on 23rd March 1940.
- It is a tribute to the statesmanship of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah and the unequivocal support of other leaders of Pakistan movement, as well as Muslims belonging to all walks of life, that Pakistan emerged as an independent country on 14th August 1947.
- The Independence Day is an occasion to remember the enormous sacrifices of our forefathers many of whom laid their lives or lost their near and dear ones and their worldly possessions in this struggle; so that we and our future generations could live in a an independent country, free from fear and coercion, with peace, honour, dignity and in national harmony.
- Independence is one of the greatest blessings of Allah for which we cannot be thankful enough. On this occasion, we must not forget our Kashmiri brothers and sisters who are to this day suffering under subjugation, oppression and denial of even the most basic human rights, in the Indian Occupied Kashmir (IOK).
- The recent illegal actions IOK are yet
another dark and heinous chapter of duplicity, deceit, manipulation and
disregard for international law, UN Security Council’s Resolutions on Kashmir
and the human rights of Kashmiris.
- In Pakistan and all over the world, we are observing this Independence Day, in solidarity with our brave Kashmiri brothers and sisters and to reaffirm our strong support to their just struggle for the right to self-determination.
- Rejecting the illegal, unilateral and arbitrary actions by the Indian Government, the Kashmiris have shown an enormous resolve through their undeterred conviction.
- For decades, Kashmiris have paid many sacrifices; making it clear that they would not settle for anything less than attaining their inalienable right to self-determination, in accordance with the Charter of United Nations and UN Security Council Resolutions.
- We commend people from Australia who have expressed solidarity with the Kashmiris in these testing times of tribulation.
- Pakistan today is a fast-emerging country in many areas. The reforms and transparency process introduced in the country by the Government of Prime Minister Imran Khan are laying solid foundation for economic development and prosperity. The investors’ confidence has been boosted, indicating better future prospects.
- Pakistan and Australia enjoy close
friendly relations in the bilateral and multilateral spheres. Our bilateral
relations are mutually beneficial and our sharing of perceptions on several
international issues lends further substance to these ties. Both countries have
the common desire to promote regional and global peace, security and prosperity.
Pakistan and Australia maintain a comprehensive partnership in the fields of
socio-economic development; defence, agriculture, education, health and people
to people contacts.
- Pakistan has a vibrant community in Australia which is contributing significantly to its development and multicultural array. Our community has also been in the forefront to play its role for the progress and prosperity of Pakistan. We look forward to their greater involvement in strengthening Pakistan’s ties with Australia in every sphere.
Abbas Rana (President)
MC; Ashraf Chohan
Sardar Sehrejeet Singh
Chief Guest; His Excellency Mr. Babar Amin
General Secretary Pak Association of Australia Ashraf Chohan
Farah Khan and Rukhshanda Zaman
HC Babar Amin, CG Abdul Majid Yousfani and Ashraf Chohan
S.Zafar Hussain, Faisal Shamsi, Qayyum Nazar Changazi and Abbas Rana
HC Babar Amin, CG Abdul Majid Yousfani and Ijaz Rana
Nadeem Sheikh and Azam Mohammed
HC Babar Amin, CG Abdul Majid Yousfani and Syed Zafar Hussain
Farah Khan and Nazish Minto
General Secretary PAA Ashraf Chohan and Muqqadum
PAA Exclusive Coverage by; Syed Abbas Naqvi
Abbas Rana, H.E. Babar Amin, CG Yousfani and Syed Zafar Hussain
Email Sada-e-Watan to a friend!